We provide straightforward and practical legal advice to California businesses.
Sound personnel decisions based on a thorough understanding of employment law can make a business stronger, more efficient, and ultimately reduce the risk of liability from employee lawsuits. Whether your business has a team of human resources professionals or none at all, we advise companies of all sizes and across industries to help each client navigate through complex and day-to-day personnel situations.
We provide advice and counsel on all aspects of human resources and employment law, including:
- Employee handbooks
- Employment applications and interviews
- Meal and rest breaks
- Overtime and other wage & hour issues
- Employee arbitration agreements
- Paid sick leave
- Disciplinary issues
- Proper classification of exempt and nonexempt employees
- Independent contractors
- Vacation and Paid Time Off (PTO) policies
- Ban-the-box requirements / criminal background checks
- Severance agreements and releases of claims
- Reasonable accommodations for employees with disabilities
- Disability leaves
- Pregnancy disability leave
- FMLA/CFRA leave
- Alternative workweek schedules
- Prevention of sexual harassment and discrimination
- Employee terminations
- Workplace investigations
- Confidentiality and proprietary rights agreements (NDAs)
- Drug testing
We are highly responsive, always happy to talk through an issue, and can provide step-by-step guidance when a personnel matter becomes complex, difficult or contentious.
Our clients include those in startups, high tech and life science industries, entertainment, production, media, construction, banking, law, insurance, and hospitality.
We serve clients throughout California, including those in Los Angeles, Orange County, Riverside, San Bernardino, San Diego, San Jose, San Francisco and the East Bay Area. We also service clients whose headquarters are overseas or out of state, but have operations in California.