We offer an assortment of personnel policies, agreements and forms to help California employers with the administration of their day-to-day human resources functions and to address situations that might arise throughout the employment relationship
Employee handbooks should be a staple to any business, large or a small, and can act as a valuable communication tool for both employers and employees. Employee handbooks are one of the best ways for an employer to communicate to its employees that it complies with all federal, state and local laws regulating the workplace.
One of the greatest benefits that an employee handbook can provide is the legal protections that can be secured by properly drafted and disseminated policies. Indeed, the first thing plaintiffs’ counsel usually request in an employment-related lawsuit is the employer’s handbook.
Having clear and concise policies in the handbook also serves as a guide for management and human resources personnel so that company policies are enforced uniformly throughout the workforce. This reduces the risk of making ad hoc decisions about how to enforce a company’s unwritten policies, which may open an employer up to discrimination claims.
We work with employers of all sizes and across industries to create handbooks tailored to the particular needs of their business. The policies that should be included in a handbook will vary depending on the industry, the number of employees, and the city or cities you operate in. We can provide a customizable handbook that can be modified to fit the needs of your business, or we can work with you to bring your existing handbook up to date.
Human Resources and Personnel Forms
We also offer an assortment of personnel policies, agreements and forms to help employers with the administration of their day to day human resources functions and to address situations that might arise throughout the employment relationship, including:
- Job applications
- Interview checklists
- Offer letters
- Arbitration agreements
- Background check authorization forms and disclosures
- Equal Employment Opportunity policies
- Policies against harassment and discrimination
- Adverse action notice/warnings
- Performance improvement plans
- Meal and rest period policies
- Meal period waivers
- On-duty meal period agreements
- Confidentiality agreements and proprietary rights agreements
- Drug testing policies
- Independent contractor agreements
- Pregnancy Disability Leave, Transfer and/or Reasonable Accommodation forms
- California Family Rights Act (CFRA) & Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) forms
- Reimbursement policies and forms
- Severance agreements and releases of claims
- Termination documents
We offer customizable templates that can be modified to fit the particular needs of your business, or we can work with you to revise your already existing policies and forms.
Flat Rate Packages
We also offer flat rate packages depending on the number of employees your organization has, which include:
- Guidance on complying with California’s minefield of compensation laws, including properly paying overtime, providing proper meal and rest breaks, complying with paid sick leave, and providing legally compliant wage statements
- All required and recommended forms, notices and policies to give your employees to minimize the risk of getting hit with legal claims later on
- Includes advice time during which you can discuss any issues and obtain answers on your most pressing needs throughout the year.
Please inquire for rates and details.